So, since it has been a while, let’s go ahead and list it out, friends.
Just seems like an appropriate word right now. And well, I’m not going to lie to you…it’s kind of a funny word too. It sounds best when you really put some gusto into the “woof.” Go ahead and try it. Oh no, friend, not just in your head. You really must experience it to its full potential. Say it LOUD and to the person sitting next to you. And then continue what you are doing. Come on, that’s pretty stinkin’ funny AND it just feels good to yell a funny word every once in a while.
2. We’ve been busy so far this summer. The weeks pretty much go tee ball, softball, tee ball, softball, camp, a whole lot of laundry, and a whole lot of fun summer activities. I cannot tell you how much I LOVE having Little Miss home for summer break.
3. Today, while going for a little walk with my little man, he handed me a leaf from a tree. He so kindly told me…”When you give someone a leaf, it means that they love you so much.”
4. I made sure I gave him a leaf very soon after as well as gather one for my little girlie.
5. He also told me the other day that he will be my baby forever. I plan to get the video camera out to have him repeat that.
6. Little Miss started a pottery camp this week. She was a bit nervous because she didn’t think she would know anyone in the class. Turns out, she knew two other kids in the class. I had to laugh though because with a he-man grip on my hand, I led her to the classroom to be greeted by a gentleman with a long, black, waxed twisted mustache. She hasn’t ever seen one of those before so I had to smile. Turns out, she absolutely adores this class and thinks the instructors are “SOOO nice.”
7. Anyone see the movie “Brave” yet? We’re going this weekend. I haven’t been this excited for a movie in a long time. Life changes, doesn’t it?
8. So, Mr. Hatten has fell head-over-heels in love with the prospect of soon owning a new Toyota Sienna. Let’s just say he’s now sleeping with the Toyota Sienna informational booklet. You think I’m kidding.
9. Unrelated and on the subject of music, I’m certain you’re all thinking to yourself, “Hmmm, I wonder what Skye’s favorite song is right now.” Well, you’re in luck! I’m going to tell you. It just so happens to be this one. Oh, and without even asking, I SO knew it was Mr. Hatten’s favorite too.
10. AND the point of this post…speaking of a little “country,” allow me to share a little glimpse of this senior session. Wind, smoke, wasps, mud, and mosquitoes…no problem (yikes!).
A whole lot more headed your way soon but for now, just a few…thanks Miss K for making the trek, rockin’ your session all the while dealing with the elements…woofta. 😉
I mean, come on, who doesn’t like a little adventure associated with sharing the cab with friendly wasps…
love, love, love these!