1. So, it’s official, school started today. Admittedly, I was sad last week but today, I have to say, it is definitely time. I was reminded of that today when we pulled into the garage. Little Miss was just beaming and just outbursted, “First grade is awesome.” This followed with a long conversation of how her day went, which I absolutely loved. All but maybe the part where she said so matter-of-factly, “Boys and girls start liking each other in the first grade.” Ummmm, yeah, not so much.
2. The little man in this house started preschool yesterday. He completely loves it and I was instructed that I wouldn’t cry when I dropped him off. Turns out, I didn’t. The little bugger didn’t give me enough time to think about it as he walked in so confidently like he’d been doing this his whole life. I practically had to beg for a hug, a mooch, and a picture! We got a great report from his teachers and it just makes us so very proud of him.
3. Okay, so I’m a little bit sad that school started.
4. On a side note, I’ve played tennis a couple times in the past few weeks. For the record, I haven’t played tennis since high school P.E. with Mr. Haselhuhn. And yeah, just in case you were wondering, that wasn’t recent. So, I’ve been reminded how stinkin’ fun it is. AND, it’s funny really, people kept driving by the tennis courts and honking their horns and yelling something like “Serena!” Others were yelling “Venus!” Honest mistake, I’m sure but I don’t know, I guess I am kind of good at it. Oh, and we’ll just pretend that I don’t have a huge court-burn on my arm from falling with my failed attempt of “diving” for a ball. Yeah, I’m pretty sure I fell with nothing but pure grace.
5. Speaking of tennis, I thought it would be nice to get the kiddos tennis rackets but I just wanted to get them some used ones because I’m sure they would be used as “boomers” or smashers or some other tool as well as for the use of hitting a tennis ball. So, I took them into the Good Samaritan thrift store the other day and with having what seems to be a touch of OCD, I instructed them to not touch anything. Especially, Mr. I-Touch-Everything. Okay, so we make it to the very back of the store and started looking around briefly. I quickly found two rackets (one of which is for racket ball, but looked perfect for my needs). It took maybe all of twenty seconds to find them. As I’m gathering them up, I hear a very muffled “Mom, look” from right behind me. I turn around and see little man not touching anything necessarily. He was only standing in front of me with a snorkel in his mouth. Following my gasp in disgust and moment of panic, I couldn’t help but completely have an extreme case of the giggles.
6. Little Miss has officially watched more television than I prefer. I was reminded of this when she asked if the pants I was wearing were pajama jeans.
7. Now, you’re questioning my sense of style, aren’t you? Well, if you must know, the pants were not jeans although they did have a denim “look” if you will. They were a pair of cute capri’s that I bought at Target just in case you were itching to copy me.
8. If you must know, yes, the capri’s are getting tighter as I seem to be on a “maybe I should just eat whatever I feel like” kick. Oh, and I’m also on the “I’ll start back working out tomorrow” kick as well. Hopefully, these kicks end before I have to roll myself around.
9. Speaking of working out, I did buy a nice Saucony sports bra this summer. Completely love it if you must know and just feel glad to share this with you. And if I may share a bit further, I noticed on the inside and in very large white letters it says “Women.” I couldn’t help but wonder why they have to write that in there. Oh, and in case you were wondering, I didn’t see the “Men” ones.
10. And as for the focus and main point of this post, I had the pleasure of spending a morning with this crew over the weekend and can I just tell you? They just make me happy. This is our second time together and I have had just the very best time with them. They are seasoned pros and truly, are naturally this cute together. These girls will make you smile no matter what and I have to tell you, they’re not only sisters but they’re best friends as well. A & R, a big thank you for doing what you do best…just being yourselves. You know those girls are pure sweetness and all giggles too…LOVED spending time with you guys. Just a few images to share for now…a whole lot more coming soon.