Well, here we are! We’re fast approaching our special time together. And I have to say this…I’m rather looking forward to it. I hold these in-home sessions so very close to my heart and I absolutely cannot wait to see what we come up with.
So, here are the little details and bits of information that will help us be on our merry little journey.
- One-hour Photo Session at your home
- 30-40 fully edited digital images for you to print, enjoy, and share
- Price: $500 (Nonrefundable $250 to book and secure your spot, $250 due 5 days before your session). I’ll email you an invoice for both.
- I’ll arrive to your home and spend some time scoping and strategizing. I will not be in any rush at all during this process. I use this time to look around and visit with you and your family.
- I do not have a set sequence of imagery I capture. This setting is comfortable and casual and always just flows according to your family.
- Potentially plan an activity for your family to do while I am there. This can include a favorite game, baking, puzzle-building, or just simple play. The possibilities are endless here.
- Anticipate me being with you and your crew for about an hour…maybe a smidgen longer.
- As far as home prep work, just a heads-up, most areas of your home with window light is fair game. Often, I try to capture individual kiddos personalities in their own rooms. Family dynamic imagery tends to take place in living spaces and kitchens.
- Sickness – Sadly, these moments happen. And I understand. On the unfortunate chance, someone isn’t feeling well on the day of our session, we’ll visit and reschedule.
WHAT TO WEAR:
First and foremost, most definitely wear something you are comfortable in. As far as the rest, my key recommendations are not to match and simply go for coordination. A lot more options are incredible than you probably know. Flowy dresses are beautiful, denim in various forms is lovely, and as far as colors…grays, dark blues, mustards, deep reds, black and white stripes…all of these photograph wonderfully. Steer clear of commercial logos and such. Any questions or just want to bounce a couple ideas off of me, definitely don’t hesitate to toss me an email or give me a call (406.449.5686).
A FEW TIPS:
- Cheeky kiddos photograph well. Rest easy if your kiddo gets a case of the sillies. Don’t panic, I promise we’re conquering exactly what we came for. Warm and exuberant photos are to be had from this cheekiness.
- Make your photo day an easy day. I know “photo day” can result in some stresses…all in the name of perfection. These sessions are crafted specially to just simply capture “you.” Breathe. Enjoy. Use this time as a moment to just focus on each other. Sometimes, these moments don’t surface as much as we’d like. Embrace it.
- Your home is perfect. I promise. Breathe that sigh of relief and don’t let any thought that says otherwise enter your head. I say this because I AM that person who has that occasional thought. 😉
- Food. Makes everyone happier. Well fed kiddos are happy, ready to play, and have some fun.
- Dad. Occasionally, he’s not too thrilled to be conquering family photos. Not always, but sometimes. Mr. Hatten has fell into this category a time or two. HOWEVER, he gets the value of it and always has more fun than he thought he would. So, sometimes Dads expect “best behavior” and I occasionally wind kiddos up. It’s how I roll and expressive kids are pretty stinkin’ awesome — like I said before, they photograph so well. If there is one thing you could do for me, it’s to let everyone know that this will be a super fun experience. We laugh, we play, and we’re all about loving hugs and smooches. This session is a treat…somewhat of a mini-adventure.
These sessions are about one thing and one thing only…love. Very simple. I always begin my sessions with a statement such as this:
Your children know you love them.
But will they remember the enamored look
you gave them or the soft embrace of your arms
around them? Go. Go be you. Show them
the love you will want them to remember.
I’ll be here to capture “that.”