Yes, that’s how I’ve been feeling lately. Quite simply, just grateful. For absolutely everything. I do try to express this most days, but often, it seems that it is never enough. For the last two, okay, eight months, I’ve been keeping up with an insane schedule and well, technically, it hasn’t been only me who has been keeping up. I never thought I would ever say this but I probably take care of likely about only 15% of the laundry. The other 85%?? Well, that would be Mr. Hatten. I’m not talking just the washing. This is the washing, drying, folding AND putting away. Granted this occurs on Sundays when football carries him through to the end but for this, I couldn’t possibly be more grateful. Also, during these last eight months, I’m far too often going to bed near the midnight hour and each time I do, I have someone who just kisses me goodnight and holds my hand as I fall asleep. Again, couldn’t feel more grateful. I have healthy and happy kids who are growing a bit quicker than I would prefer; however, I couldn’t be more grateful for the huggins and mooches I get, for the little chats we share, and even for the crayon marks on my hardwood floors and the green toothpaste on the bathroom hand towels. Most of all, I’m grateful for the fact that they love me and still love to be held and rocked anytime. This week was kind of funny because while I’m certainly busy like the rest of the world, I couldn’t help but think of the many, many people whom carry me each day. The list goes on: 1. We have a lady who cleans our house for two hours every other week. This has certainly been one of the best decisions we could have made. She arrives after I leave for the day so I often miss her but she is truly amazing. The highlight? It’s no secret, I LOVE the little things. THEY COUNT. After she makes my kiddos’ beds, she always places their stuffed animals in new positions within their rooms and props up a book on their nightstand/dresser. Such a little thing but it puts a smile on their faces every single time. 2. My mom. She is supportive no matter what. Always has been. I do not remember a single day that she discouraged a decision I was making. I’m a meddler I think…need to remember to maybe just step back and be supportive. If Little Miss wants to be a cheerleader…well, I may have to just bite my tongue. You too, Mr. Hatten. 😉 3. My friends. Yep, they stick with me. My time is quite limited (theirs too!) but they love me regardless and when we get together, it never, ever changes. 4. My clients. I don’t even like that word…”client.” It sounds so formal and cold. I have been blessed to be able to dive into so many families lives through my lens and find myself getting to know them on levels that couldn’t possibly be short of simply calling them “friends.” 5. The photographer world. For, of course, the support and inspiration.
Have you thanked the ones you feel grateful for today?
As for photos to share? Earlier this week, I touched base with this mom of three girls and was told basically that she’s nervous and doesn’t feel very prepared. Now, I feel duped. See below.
This one melts me every single time I look at it.
Mom had purchased these dresses from this seller on Etsy (located in Kalispell, MT). I LOVED the little matching flower pinwheel hair clips!
“H” Family – the light was beautiful yet it was your little family dynamics that made it absolutely stunning. Thanks for a fun evening!
So who’s the guy who kisses you goodnight and holds your hand as you fall asleep?
I know this dear family and you captured them so perfectly. I especially love the first 2 photos… but you know photos of 3 girls always pull at my heart-strings. 🙂
Thanks, Skye, for such a relaxed and enjoyable photo shoot. I’m a sucker for baby feet and just love the first photo. Second one melts my heart, too. Your blog post about being grateful really hit home and I’m having one of those sappy weeks that has me running for the tissues to dry my misty eyes from just about everything I encounter it seems. The photos are superb, Skye, and Miss Angie, I’m grateful for our friendship. Oh, oh, here I go again…